Friday, November 29, 2013

Roar Of The Rings Starts Sunday

The Roar of the Rings starts Sunday and the at the end of this important tournament, the Canadian Mens and Ladies 2014 Olympic Representatives will be crowned. It's an exciting time for Canadian curling and certainly an exciting time for me, a bonafide curling chronic.

After the long qualifying process to get to this elite tournament, it comes down to 8 mens and 8 womens teams and certainly, whoever gets on a roll will represent Canada. All the teams particpating will have a good chance to get through but for me, I have my favorites. Here's my picks:

Ladies: Final: Homan vs Jones and Homan wins. Although Homan has been beaten by most of the ladies teams participating in this event, I think that Team Homan has the best game out there. If they can get it together and keep it together, they stand the best chance of getting through. But, I can not count out Jones because they are a veteran team and could easily win. I cannot see the others getting through. I am a fan of Team Nedohin but I just cannot see them winning this. Heather Nedohin is great for TV curling...I have always said that...but I just don't know if they can win. The others...great teams but I just don't think so. In the final analysis, Homan is my pick to go to the Olympics...and I really like them. They are an exciting team to watch.

Men: Well, this is a little trickier because of the depth of the men's field. However, I see Howard as the team to beat and by far, the most consistent for a long time. FINAL: Howard vs Jacobs and Howard wins. That is my realistic side talking...if I was speaking from my heart...then Jacobs wins. You can be sure that I will be rooting for Jacobs all the way and if this crew wins, you just know that I will be doing cartwheels around the living room. He will have to peak like he did last year at the Brier to do it. A very real possibility. As for the others, if they get on a roll, they too, can pull it off. However, after all the rhetoric, I am thinking that it is Howard that will be the team to beat.

And, when Sunday comes, you can be sure that I will be watching and stay tuned, I'll be looking to keep you up to dates with my wild and random thoughts as this curling drama unfolds.

Rock On!

The Curling Chronic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glen you were correct that Jacobs would be in the final. What an awesome result. Makes the Sault and Northern Ontario proud!
Bob

Anonymous said...

How many cartwheels in your living room, and did you break any furniture or hurt yourself? It is a terrific time for them and the north.