Thursday, March 28, 2013

Men's Worlds Kicks Off This Weekend

I know what you're thinking. Am I promoting the TV series, "Vikings?"  Well no, but I do like that series. But these guys are not in it, although they are northmen. This is Team Finland and they will be in Victoria this weekend to play in the Mens World Curling Championships and they will be meeting the Canucks at some point.

Here are my predictions for this year's worlds:

Top 4 Teams to playoffs at the end of the week: Jacobs (Canada), Murdoch (Scotland...yes, that's right..Murdoch is skipping and Tom Brewster will be third), Ulsrud (Norway) and Edin (Sweden). Final will be Canada vs Scotland with Jacobs going on to win the Worlds. However, i don't think it will be an easy win for the Canucks...the Scots look like a tough squad and in this case, I don't think looks are deceiving.

I forgot to thank Murray Fullerton and Michel Rivard in my last post. These guys lent the BRCC their trailers so we could have storage for the Mens Closing. Thanks alot guys for all you do.

Stay tuned and I'll get with you once the Canucks have played their first and we'll see how they look. I expect they will have  some early game jitters as this is their first World Championship but hopefully this will not impede their performance. Another big week for Northern Ontario Curling.

Rock On!

The Curling Chronic

No comments: