Friday, March 08, 2013

Brier Stuff

Well, as I type this, my tears are falling on the keyboard and here I am, almost out of tissues. The Gush lost another squeaker to Team Martin. Another great game and although my beloved Gushue was forced to 7 - 3, the entertainment value is to the stars. The Old Bear stays alive to play one more and it won't be an easy road, he's taking on Ontario tonight and you can be sure that this will be the feature game. Meanwhile, Team Gushue now faces Team Menard this afternoon. This is the feature game and I can only hope that Martin Crete gets a case of laryngitis before the game. These guys, specifically Menard and Crete are screamers. There can be no mistaking them when they call the sweepers on. But they have been hot and this game will be a tough one for the Gush but I hold out hope that Gushue will finish 8 - 3 and post a win over this tough Quebec crew.

And Jamie Koe, what a spoiler! He will not make the play offs this year but he beat Stoughton, and that's good enough for me! You remember that Sesame Street song, "C" is for Cookie, that's good enough for me...well, substitute a few words and you get  "Koe beat Stoughton, that's good enough for me". That's the song I am singing this afternoon. Nonetheless, Stoughton is far from out of it and they will have at least a tiebreaker.

BC won a game. Kudos to them! Now, if only Nova Scotia could do the same but not against Jacobs who plays them today. In fact, Jacobs plays Nova Scotia and New Brunswick so they at least have an outside chance to go 8 - 3, although James Grattan has been m,aking alot of shots and won't be a push over. Pretty darn good, Jacobs is still in the thick of things.

What a great Brier it has been this year. Lots of nail biters! Looking for some entertainment this weekend?..settle in and watch the Brier. Entertainment plus!

Rock On!

The Curling Chronic

No comments: