Friday, October 04, 2013

Curling Clinc At BRCC Goes Well

Julia Horton. Not only is this excellent young lady one of my favourite junior curlers, but she is another one of the rising stars of the BRCC. And she was at both nights of the clinic held this past week. You can see Al Gemmell off to the right with his computer program and camera set up recording peoples' deliveries. An extremely helpful tool! If you have never tried this, get with Al and have a look at yourself. The improvements that come out of it are guaranteed!

Maymar was telling me that the clinic was well-attended, for the most part, both nights. She did note that she would have liked to see more Brand new curlers as the majority of attendees were players with some experience. But those people benefited big time from the clinic and right out of the gate, are looking to enhance their skills.

And kudos to Dennis Roberts, who attends the clinics every year. Dennis is an excellent example of someone loving the Roaring Game and always working to improve. And if you have played against him, you'll know that Dennis has game. And not only that, he has excellent on-ice demeanour. He'll go far in this game, I have no doubt.

And my hat is off to Debbie Rivard who has taken up the pebbling can and learned how to pebble. You may know that Michel Rivard is the current ice chairman at the BRCC and now he has the support of his wonderful wife. Great things are happening with the ice and Michel is keen to please. Thanks alot to the ice crew who worked hard to get our ice in. I don't have all the names yet so I am hesitant to name them just yet. As soon as I find out who they all are, I'll be thanking them all by name.

I cannot say enough how fortunate we are at the BRCC to have so many people contributing to our club. It is one of the key reasons why our club is so darn cool.

On a more somber note, Neil Harrison is currently battling cancer and I would like to say that all our thoughts at the BRCC are with him and hope for a speedy recovery. Neil was the lead for Eddie Werenich, the Wrench. Maymar knows him personally and intimated to me that Neil defined the lead position. I'm sure the entire curling world is pulling for Neil.

And the Iron Broom kicks off this evening with the first draws at 6 pm. Hope to see you all there. I'm stoked! I have not thrown a rock all year and I am hoping it's like riding a bike. And, if we don't fare so well, I still don't care because the company will more than make up for it.

Rock On!

The Curling Chronic

No comments: