Sunday, April 07, 2013

The Finals!!!

 I know what you're thinking. Is Yvon Valiquette playing for Scotland? And is his shot tight?
 Or perhaps you're thinking what is Steph Lemieux so happy about. The shot or the hair?
You might even be wondering if curling is a good fit for Alfred E Newman. He looks so serious.














Well, the first one is Tom Brewster. Third for Scotland. Interesting dynamic, this 5 man rotation. I'm not sure I'm a fan. They had Brewster sit out last  night's semi-final. Granted, he had a tough game in the semi-final  but to me, that was just a bad game. Who hasn't been there/ However, he's an awesome player in his own right and I think that on the night of that semi-final, it would have been key to have him in this that game, but hey whatever. The Canadians pulled it out, in fine style.

The second one is NOT Steph Lemieux, it's Rasmus Stjerne...skip of Denmark. He is a rising star out of this country. Awesome shooter...what a great surprise. His game was awesome and this squad had Canada in a nail biter in that 3 - 4 game. That run back by Ryan Fry was nothing short of spectacular and I invented a new dance move right there in my living room when that shot got made. I was smelling the win before that shot, but I tasted it after it got made. The Fry Guy has been spectacular...and the Gushue is still scratching his head!

The third one is Greg Drummond...he usually plays second but for the semi-final, he played third. He curled 81 % but  was out curled by Fry and hey, I think that perhaps this rotation was more disruptive to this squad than a benefit. But Greg Drummond is no slouch..he is an excellent curler and he is tough to out curl. You gotta bring your A game to take this veteran on.

So the Bronze game is in the 7th as I type this. Tom Brewster has been awesome. So has Rasmus Stjerne. Boy, it's hard to predict a winner.

Tonight is the BIG GAME. Edin et al have been in the zone  but so is Jacobs. And me with no fingernails left. Break out the Melba Toast! (That is so 50 - something of me).

Rock On!

The Curling Chronic

No comments: