Thursday, April 25, 2013

Team Martin Shake Up!

"Good - bye Mo, Me gotta go, me - oh -my -oh, Me gotta go, pole the pirogue down the Bayou...."  Yes folks, that's right! Johnny Mo packed his curling shoes and broom into his pirogue and poled out of Team Martinville. Incredible news! I saw this coming but I thought it would happen after the Olympic Trials run in December. There is no doubt that things were going a bit awry for this squad. They did not have a great season and certainly the writing was on the wall. In my opinion, the chemistry was just not there anymore and it showed in their play. It only goes to show, you can have 4 of the best players in the world on a team but if the chemistry is not there, it will be difficult to win.

So, what will become of Johnny Mo? My guess is that there is already an offer on the table for him with either a team that has qualified for the Trials OR the pretrials. This has yet to be revealed. Who knows, perhaps Johnny Mo will step back from competitive curling and concentrate on just fighting fires. Not likely! I'm thinking that within the next month, Johnny Mo will be named as a member of another squad.

And what of Team Kmart? Will he move Kennedy and Hebert up and make a spot for his son? Not likely. I think Martin looks for a third. So who is available? Well, there are lots of good curlers in Alberta. Annie thought that maybe he would look to Jamie Koe from the territories. Interesting idea. Bob Weeks, in his article, named Don Walchuck. Another interesting idea..I miss that broomball shoe!

I don't fault Johnny Mo for his departure. If it is not working, then it is not working and that's all that can be said about that. I'm surprised they stayed together as long as they did. Nonetheless, this squad had a great run and they accomplished alot in that time.

Stay tuned, there is more to this story yet to be revealed.

Rock On!

The Curling Chronic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is the song "Gonna be a bright sunshiny day" next one on his hit parade?